“Client” = artist/group engaging the services of Brighton Mastering
“Company” = Brighton Mastering
“Discount” = any promotional offer for prices less than those quoted on the website,including but not limited to discount codes and social media offers
“Services” = mastering – including but not limited to pre-mastering of audio, PQ track encoding, MP3 tag authoring, ISRC code embedding
“Works” = music and audio content the client is author of
“Masters” = full length WAV or AIFF files of Works following completed Services
2. Copyright and Intellectual Property
- The Client retains all rights to intellectual property and copyright to all Works sent to the Company to perform Services on.
- The Company has no claims to authorship of Works and retains no rights to it.
- The Company may only reproduce Works for marketing or other purposes with express permission from the Client.
- Unless otherwise specified, Discounts are only valid for one use per Client.
- Subject to (3.1) all Discounts the Client has seen advertised will be honoured by the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse Discounts subject to (3.2).
- The Company may withdraw discounts at any time.
- By uploading Works, the Client agrees to pay for Services performed by the Company subject to satisfaction with the Services performed, unless otherwise agreed (e.g. under Section 5)
- The Company will provide previews of Services performed for Client review before issuing an invoice.
- Masters will be provided to the Client via a mutually agreed method once payment has been received by the Company and not before, subject to (4.1)
- Payment will be made by the Client via Paypal or bank transfer upon receipt of an invoice from the Company. Failure to make the payment will result in the non-receipt of completed Services.
- The Company reserves the right to add a suitable surcharge to Paypal and international transfers to cover the cost of administration charges.
5. Free samples
- The Company will perform Services on one (1) track per Client free of charge.
- Engaging Services on said Free Sample does not obligate the Client to further employ the Company.
- The Company will provide previews of completed Works following Company Services.
Delivery of Masters remains subject to Section 4.